3 min read
Dec 26, 2022 8:00:00 AM
We are seeking an enthusiastic, forward-thinking sales representative with a proven track record in developing new business and aggressively growing marketing share. This individual must reside close to a major airport.
This position offers a competitive base salary and uncapped commissions structure with the REALISTIC opportunity to double your base in year one. In addition to the expectation to develop new business, you will be provided with an existing base of accounts to maintain and grow.
This territory currently generates over $10 million in revenue. A large portion of purchases are made on an intermittent (almost considered one-time) project-based need. The purchase is typically high dollar and considered a capital expense requiring a multi-level buyer decision-making process. The sales cycle can be long and consistent follow up is essential as the salesperson/company needs to be top of mind for the buyer when the need for the product arises. In addition, this individual will be responsible developing a strong relationship with local/regional branches of our national accounts. Although the national account is managed by our business development directors, the support (technical assistance, training, education, etc.) at the local and regional level will be provided by the territory manager.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, this role will require you to find new business opportunities, growing existing business, set up meetings, plan and prepare presentations, communicate new product developments to prospective and existing clients, and work with our operations, logistics and marketing departments across several locations. On the administrative side, you will need to develop and maintain territory plans, provide status updates, customer insights, and sales reports to management and other cross functional team members and be responsible for a long-term sustainable portfolio of customers.
There will be a certain amount of office-based prospecting and lead generation as well as a requirement to spend time visiting prospective and existing clients, attending networking events, conferences and trade shows.
The Territory Sales Manager must be a strong communicator with a strategic sales approach, solid business acumen and a drive to succeed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Establishing new relationships and closing new accounts – including developing outreach campaigns to promote ground protection and matting products to prospective clients
- Able to analyze customer pain points and present a compelling solution with ROI and value proposition
- Maintaining and growing existing relationships by providing post-sales support and training at the regional level, awareness and education on new and changing products and industry news and trends, and other value-add activities
- Building and managing a sales funnel/pipeline
- Overseeing all aspects of the customer relationship, developing and executing growth strategies to meet/exceed revenue targets for the region
- Collaborating with executive leadership to execute strategic account plans to build successful partnerships with our customers for sustainable growth – including gaining and analyzing market data/intelligence on an on-going basis
- Utilizing a formal sales process and CRM tools (Salesforce)
As a senior sales professional, you will be skilled in:
- Preparing and delivering high-impact sales presentations that address the customer’s needs and lead to sales growth
- Responding to Requests for Quotation; negotiating pricing and other terms of national account agreements to maximize revenue and growth potential and minimize risk
- Conducting strategic customer visits to assess opportunities, keep your finger on the pulse of the industry, assess current and future needs, and consultatively sell product solutions
- Developing strong working relationships with customers and attending customer and trade association events for networking, relationship- and brand-building purposes
- Territory planning and rapid territory development
Key Qualities Required for Success Include:
- Competitive and hungry, with a passion for finding and closing deals
- Persuasive and influential, someone who truly believes in the product and is excited to share it
- Outstanding work ethic; unquestioned integrity and accountability
- Great at execution and follow-through; results-driven, organized self-starter
- Available for local and overnight travel (up to 50%)
What We Offer:
- High energy, sales-oriented culture in a fast-growing, lean and nimble organization
- Competitive salary and an uncapped commission plan
- Affordable medical, dental, vision, and voluntary benefits
- Company paid group life insurance, short and long term disability
- 401k with a generous employer match of up to 4%
- 3 weeks paid time off and 7 company paid holidays
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
About Signature Systems
With global headquarters in Flower Mound, Texas, Signature Systems designs, manufactures and distributes composite matting for industrial, stadium, government and event clients in more than 60 countries. It operates manufacturing, sales and distribution facilities in Orlando and Darlington, U.K. Its industry-leading HDPE composite mats — including leading brands MegaDeck®, SignaRoad®, DuraDeck® and OmniDeck® — are manufactured in the United States.