2 min read
The Production Lead oversees one production team in a manufacturing environment to meet customer requirements, both internal and external, while also maintaining and enhancing quality and process improvement objectives. The Lead reports to the Production Manager. It is imperative that the Lead conducts him/herself as a role model for operators demonstrating strong productivity, performance, attendance and adherence to company policy and rules. The Lead continuously improves productivity and quality and minimizes safety risks in his or her department. The Lead must be able to assess and resolve technical production related items and interpersonal issues with employees. He/she is also responsible for ensuring appropriate training is provided to achieve a higher level of technical competence in their work teams.
You MUST be able to work off-shift and overtime as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a role model for operators in safety, quality, attendance, conduct, performance, and efficiency.
- Establish expectations of workmanship to meet quality and productivity requirements and follow work in process closely to assure that these are maintained. Investigate processes that are out of conformance and take appropriate action to eliminate.
- Act as a technical and interpersonal resource for department employees.
- Assist in the hiring and onboarding of employees, review and approve employee timecards, assure work assignments are being completed effectively, complete daily shift reports, assist employees to resolve production problems, ensure all employees have current and necessary training, maintain an orderly and safe work environment.
- Operate and troubleshoot production (molding) machinery as needed.
- Work closely with others in manufacturing operations to ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Help resolve employee problems, conduct investigations into safety, quality or other incidents in support of the Production Manager, and administer discipline within the corporate guidelines and in a timely manner.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing and consistent communication with the Production Supervisor as well as Production Leads on other shifts and areas.
- 3+ years’ experience leading teams in a manufacturing environment, plastics experience strongly preferred
- Strong technical/industrial background
- Computer literacy – experience with ERP system (NAV preferred), MS Office, etc.
- Experience interacting with multiple groups of people, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time and project management abilities
- Must be able to work off shift and overtime as needed
- Associate degree in operations management, engineering, or related field
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- Experience working in a heavy manufacturing environment
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
About Signature Systems
With global headquarters in Flower Mound, Texas, Signature Systems designs, manufactures and distributes composite matting for industrial, stadium, government and event clients in more than 60 countries. It operates manufacturing, sales and distribution facilities in Orlando and Darlington, U.K. Its industry-leading HDPE composite mats — including leading brands MegaDeck®, SignaRoad®, DuraDeck® and OmniDeck® — are manufactured in the United States.