SignaRoad® Keeps Cambridge Beer Festival Guests' Feet Dry While They Wet Their Whistles
The Cambridge Beer Festival, put on by the Cambridge and District Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA), was first held in 1974 and is now one of the largest beer festivals in the U.K. The festival draws more than 40,000 connoisseurs to sample 200-plus real ales from 80 breweries, including a range of draught international beer, cider, perry, mead, and apple juice. Food vendors are also available throughout the six-day festival.
The event is organized and run entirely by volunteers, who requested an option to rent ground protection for the event. Signature’s U.K. office in Darlington connected them with rental partners to bid on the project.
- Keeping guests safe and dry in wet and muddy conditions
- Infrastructure roadways needed for setup, throughout event and for the breakdown
- Different-width roadways and accessways needed; flexibility in layout required
Solution: SignaRoad® composite mats
Signature's medium-duty composite mats provided:
- Safe and stable access for guests on unstable ground, including standing water and mud.
- SignaRoad’s overlapping flanges and seamless connection system significantly reduce mud or water seepage on even the soggiest days.
- Disabled-accessible ramps and edging allow safe use for all guests.
- Infrastructure roadways protect the ground for festival setup, activities, and breakdown.
- SignaRoad panels protect grounds from rutting and equipment from damage.
- Durable, interlocking panels create stable roadways that won’t shift under heavy loads.
- Protect guests, participants, and work crews in any weather.
- Flexibility in layout for roadways and accessways.
- SignaRoad can be laid out in portrait or landscape configurations to create roadways from 3- to 6-meters wide.
- The option to offset the mats on any connection offers a variety of layout solutions for any event.
- Fast and easy to assemble, disassemble, and clean for reuse from site to site.